Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seven Deadly Sins: Envy

    Hello, people. Today is the sixth day of the Seven Deadly Sins blog challenge, and I want to give much praise to Antimony at Thoughts, Musings, and Broken Promises. You should seriously go check out her stuff because, well, it rocks my socks off. And that means it's good. (I feel the need to translate some of this street slang) Leave comments if you feel like it! Your thoughts mean much to me! Thanks! Gracias! Danke schön!

    Envy (I know I don't normally title them but this time I'm going to!)

    It's dark. My mind is useless and slow. I don't know how long it's been since I was taken away from my family and locked up in here. I don't remember the last time I saw the sun, when I could stand up straight, when I didn't have a beard that brushed the dust off my toes.

I hear the heavy door swing open. The dim light blinds me. They grab him, my cellmate. He was the last one, 'sides me. He's getting the death penalty. Why couldn't they have taken me? I don't care anymore that I didn't commit the crime I was accused of. I just want to die. Anything to be out of this God-forsaken hole.

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Envious of your cellmate because he gets the death penalty before you.
    Wow.
    Really stunning.
    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really interesting take on Envy. Masterfully presented. Loved it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heart-breaking - and a great, unexpected take on envy. Sorry I missed your earlier sins - I'm off to check them out now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I don't know HOW a person could be envious of NOT dying, but you somehow managed to capture it here. Well done, Zade. Well done.
    (How in the devil can ONE person excel at both art and writing?) Scratching my head here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, an intriguing take on envy. I think you should extend this!

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Bryce. You are such a talent. This is brilliant, xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great piece of writing. The stories you must have running through you mind...

    ReplyDelete